Barton House in Louisville, Kentucky, is exclusively designed to serve the needs of individuals who are challenged with memory impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease. Our mission is to provide an environment that respects and honors the personal dignity of our residents. We recognize and address the unique struggles of daily living with Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementia.
Our plan of care attempts to enhance a resident’s ability to maintain independence within a home-like environment and cherishing life as a gift that is always meaningful. We welcome and encourage the involvement of family members and significant others as an essential part of our caregiving team. Our care planning is initiated at admission as the Executive Director works with each new resident and their family members to assist them with education, self-care, and understanding the process.
- 20 Special Designed Private Suites
- Secure Building for the Physical Safety of all Residents
- 24-hour Staffed Personal Care
- Medication Management
- 24-hour Emergency Call Systems
- Rehabilitation Services
- Cognitive Assessments and Intervention
- 24-hour Building Security
- Family and Caregiver Support and Training
- Unique Dietary Program
- Housekeeping, Laundry, and Maintenance
- Comprehensive Activity Program